The Teaching School initiative came from the idea that driving school effectiveness and improvement should come from within schools. There are no financial or contractual obligations; the New Essex Teaching School is a network of schools.
We believe that belonging to a network makes us stronger because we can
- shape the Professional Development we offer,
- design the induction processes for new teachers,
- recruit and retain teachers through offering access to a strong local network,
- and work more efficiently by combining our efforts.
As a strong group we can reach out to support other schools through:
- supporting effective school leadership through peer review and coaching,
- strengthening teaching and learning through support and development for teachers,
- and sharing best practice across the network and beyond.
We have a growing team of experienced leaders who can offer support as National Leaders in Education (NLEs) whose role is to support and develop effective school leadership, National Leaders in Governance (NLGs) who work directly with School Governors and Specialist Leaders in Education (SLEs) whose remit is to support effective leadership of specific aspects such as Behaviour for Learning, curriculum subjects or assessment. We also have Pupil Premium Reviewers who can support and advise with this specific aspect.